Monday, March 24, 2014

3D Printing Dreams

Not sure if you have noticed, 
soon we will be living in an entirely 3D printed world
It goes beyond manufacturing; I’ve seen 3D printed art at the Armory Show,
3D printed Oreos at  SXSW; 3D printed metals, in space, if you ask GE.

That got me thinking….why shouldn't I be able to 3D print my dreams?
This is my new endeavor
(I have set up a Kickstarter page if you would like to fund me)

The sketches were already laid out, as I am a disciplined and detailed dreamer. 
The first task was to develop the substrate
I pulled my blender out and put to use my newly acquired cooking skills
Threw in philosophy and a bunch of literature,music of course, a generous amount of sun light, and the triumphs and lessons of the past and blended it all together.

Time after time, after a few minutes my dreams would fall apart
That posed the most interesting question I am dealing with right now:
What should the bonding agent of my dreams be?
I’ve experimented with love, compassion, attraction… and many of the other usual suspects

I do not have an answer yet…So far, my most promising results include empathy and a whole lot of passion 

No comments: